TSA Homestay Weekend
TSA integrates students into the
community. The homestay weekend is one of the best ways
we introduce students into the local community.
Students go one Fall Term weekend singly
or in pairs to live with a family in the Cedar Rapids/Iowa
Relationships with the host family sometimes
continue throughout the year, depending on the wishes and
schedules of the hosts and the students.
Our host families are volunteers, interested
friends and members of the Coe College Community. Our volunteers
provide meals, egage in conversation and family activites
with the students.
Recent comments from students include:
- My best experience is absolutely this
visiting host family. I wanted to stay with them more!!!
- It is excellent. I can know many things
including cultural differences which I can't know through
- I'm really glad that I could be good
friends with them. They are so nice.
- I was healed by their warm hospitality.
- It was a good experience. I'd like
to keep in touch with them.
- They took me many places, church, festival
of American life, and they're so kind.