Presentations (undergraduate authors are underlined):
“A Comparison of Water Quality in Eastern Iowa Reference and Mitigation Wetlands”, Martin St. Clair, presented at spring 2009 meeting of the Iowa Academy of Science. April 17-18, 2009.
“Denitrifying Bioreactors for Treatment of Tile Drainage”, Laura E. Christianson, Alok Bhandari, Matthew H. Helmers and Martin St. Clair; proceedings paper for spring 2009 Environmental and Water Resources Institute (EWRI) Conference of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), May 17-21, 2009.
“Ecological Assessment of Compensatory Wetland Mitigation – Final Report”, Terry VanDeWalle, Kelly Poole, Scott Marler, Neil Bernstein, Craig Chumbley, Stephen Main, David McCullough, James Miller, Frank Olsen, Jeff Parmelee, Thomas Rosburg, Dennis Schlict, Martin St. Clair, Wendy VanDeWalle, Eric Walsh. Submitted to U.S. EPA and Iowa Department of Transportation under assistance agreement #CD-98752301-0. August 2008.
- “Research Experiences for Incoming Students: The Carver Program at Coe College”, Martin St. Clair , (presented at the 2008 National Meeting of the Council on Undergraduate Research).
Quality of the Wapsipinicon River at Frederika", presented to
Restore Our Wapsie (ROW), January 2008.
Compliance and Ecological Performance of Mitigation Wetlands in an
Agricultural Landscape", Terry VanDeWalle, Kelly Poole, Scott
Marler, Neil Bernstein, Stephen Main, David McCullough, James
Miller, Franklin Olsen, Jeffrey Parmelee, Thomas Rosburg, Dennis
Schlict, Martin St. Clair, Eric Walsh, Craig Chumbley,
Proceedings of the 2007 Mid-Continent Transportation Research
Symposium, Ames, Iowa, August 2007
Carver Summer Scholar Program: Introducing Incoming College
Students to Research in the Sciences" Martin St. Clair, Susan Noreuil, Marc Roy (presented at the 2006
National Meeting of the Council on Undergraduate Research).
- “U(VI)Reactions with Green Rusts: Influence of Anions”, Martin
St. Clair, Sharon L. Smith, Justine O. Harrison, Edward J. O'Loughlin, Kenneth M. Kemmer, Maxim I. Boyanov, Michelle Scherer,
(presented at the 2006 Spring National meeting of the American
Chemical Society, paper no. ENVR 216).
"Assessment of the Sediment Chlordane Levels in McLoud Run, Cedar
Josh R Dettman,
Marty St. Clair (presented
at the 2006 Spring National meeting of the American Chemical
Society, paper no. CHED 815).
departments /ElectrochemEd/), peer-reviewed and included in the
Analytical Science Digital Library (ASDLID 005112)
- “Nutrient Concentrations in Eastern Iowa Watersheds”,
invited lecture at 4th Annual Water Monitoring Conference, Ames,
Iowa, February 2004. (Available at
Department of Natural Resources-Water Quality Monitoring web site)
- “Nutrient Concentrations in Eastern Iowa Watersheds”,
Department of Natural Resources-Water Quality Monitoring Fact
Sheet, February 2004.
- "Cedar River Tributary Study", reports to Cedar Rapids Water
Department and Iowa Department of Natural Resources, 2001 through
report available on-line.)
- “The Determination of Chlordane Concentrations in Cedar
Lake Fish Using SPMD and GC-MS”, J.A. Zanter, L.
Adams, C. Goater, and M. St. Clair (presented at the
Spring 2000 meeting of the Iowa Academy of Science).
- “Optical Properties of Thin Rhenium Silicate Sol-Gel Films”,
D.M. Wellington, M.J. Matsuura, T.J. Kiczenski,
E. Hoque, C. Killmer, P.P. Wickham, M.A. St. Clair,
M. Affatigato (presented at 1998 Fall meeting of the Glass and
Optical Materials Division Meeting of the American Ceramic Society)
- “Environmental Analysis - An Interdisciplinary Capstone
Course in Environmental Science”, Martin A. St. Clair and
Paula Sanchini (presented at at 1998 Council on Undergraduate
Research meeting, poster P34 and panel presentation W27)
- “Analysis of Polynuclear Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Cedar
Lake Sediments”, J.A. Myrom and M.A. St. Clair (presented
at the 1997 meeting of the Iowa Academy of Science, paper no.
- “Synthesis and Characterization of Ammoxidation Model
Compounds”, B.J. Sieve, M.A. St. Clair, and T. Wenck
(presented at the 1997 meeting of the Iowa Academy of S cience,
paper no. 61.)
- “Drinking Water Treatment Chemistry in Environmental Engineering
and Analytical Chemistry Courses”, Martin A. St. Clair and
Gene F. Parkin (presented at the 1994 Spring meeting of the American
Chemical Society, paper no. CHED389).
- “Fate and Transport of Organic Compounds in Municipal
Solid Waste Compost”, S.M. Hsu, J.L. Schnoor, L.A. Licht,
M.A. St. Clair, and S.A. Fannin, Compost Science and Utilization,
1993, 1, 36-48.
- "Photochemical Treatment Process for Mine-Tailing Leachates",
M.A. St.Clair, C. Mojonnier, L. Brekke, J. Schnoor
(presented at the 1992 Fall meeting of the American Chemical Society,
paper no. ENVR40.)
- "Reactivity of Permethylscandocene Derivatives with Acetylene.
Structure of Bis(permethylscandocene)acetylene-diyl, (h5-C5Me5)2Sc-CC-Sc(h5-C5Me5)2",
Martin St. Clair, William P. Schaefer, and John E. Bercaw, Organometallics,
1991, 10, 525-527.
- "Structure of a Scandium-Carboxylate Complex: (h5-C5Me5)2Sc(O2CC6H4CH3
)", Martin A. St. Clair and Bernard D. Santarsiero, Acta
Crystallographica, Sect. C, 1989, C45, 850-852.
- "Addition of Sc-H, Sc-C, and Sc-N Bonds to Coordinated
Carbon Monoxide: Structure of a Methylscandoxycarbene Derivative
of Cobalt", Martin A. St.Clair, Bernard D. Santarsiero, and
John E. Bercaw, Organometallics, 1989,
- "Alkyl Migrations to Heteroatoms in Tantalocene Systems",
Martin A. St.Clair and John E. Bercaw (presented at the 1988 Spring
meeting of the American Chemical Society, paper no. INOR585).
- "Insertion of CO into Scandium-Carbon Bonds", Martin
A. St. Clair and John E. Bercaw (presented at the 1986 Fall meeting
of the American Chemical Society, paper no. INOR150).
- "Photochemistry of Dipalladium(I) Hexakis(methyl isocyanide)
Hexafluorophosphate", Terry D. Miller, Martin A. St. Clair,
Mark K. Reinking, and Clifford P. Kubiak, Organometallics,
1983, 2, 767-769.