Places in The Tory Lover

Supplementary Material for The Tory Lover by Sarah Orne Jewett

Photographs of the Bristol Area

by Graham Frater
Autumn 2003


 

The present Cathedral Church of the Holy and Undivided Trinity was founded as St Augustine's Abbey in 1140.
 

The abbey church of St. Augustine, now Bristol Cathedral.



 

St. Mary Redcliffe, near the centre of Bristol.
 

St. Mary Redcliffe


Riverside warehouses, close the city centre of Bristol.
 

Riverside warehouses in Bristol.


The parish church of Westbury-on-Trym
The church stands on a hill, so its bells could be heard at a distance.



 

Two views of the Avon Gorge.
The view is from the edge of Clifton Downs and looks toward
the Dundry Hills in the far distance.
The tower on the right is part of the
Brunel suspension bridge across the Severn.
This bridge replaced the ferry that crossed the Severn well
into the 20th Century.



Copyright 2003 by Graham Frater
Places in The Tory Lover